Kidde Ionization Smoke & Carbon Monoxide Alarm.
A hardwired combination smoke and carbon monoxide alarm that contains a 10-year, sealed battery backup. This alarm uses breakthrough technology to offer a fast response to real fires, including smoldering and fast-flaming, as well as protect you from carbon monoxide and dramatically reduce the chance of nuisance alarms. The Intelligent sensor technology combines the detection capabilities of an ionization smoke sensor – which is more likely to detect smaller, less visible fire particles, like those produced by flaming fires – with that of an electrochemical sensor, which is used to detect CO. Since carbon monoxide is present in all fires, having both detection chambers work together in one alarm is a breakthrough in the fire safety industry. When either sensor notices a potential hazard, it will communicate with the other. Depending on what is detected, the alarm will adjust its smoke sensitivity in order to better discriminate between a real hazard and a false one. This constant communication enhances the alarm’s overall performance in all fires, and significantly reduces the potential for a nuisance alarm.
Leading authorities recommend that both ionization and photoelectric smoke alarms be installed to help insure maximum detection of the various types of fires that can occur within the home. Ionization sensing alarms may detect invisible fire particles (associated with fast flaming fires) sooner than photoelectric alarms. Photoelectric sensing alarms may detect visible fire particles (associated with slow smoldering fires) sooner than ionization alarms. The i12010SCO contains a 10-year tamper proof backup battery that eliminates the need for battery replacement, and ends worry over unauthorized battery removal. The alarm provides continuous protection from smoke, fire and carbon monoxide, even during power outages. At the end of alarm life, the unit will chirp, indicating the alarm is in need of replacement. The end of life chirp can be temporarily silenced, allowing for replacement at a more convenient time.
• Sealed-In Lithium Battery Backup-no battery replacement required over the 10 year life of the alarm. Eliminates worry about removal or unauthorized deactivation of alarm.
• Voice Warning System-Verbally announces “FIRE!” or “WARNING! CARBON MONOXIDE” to help distinguish between threats.
• Smart Interconnect-Interconnects up to 24 Kidde devices (of which 18 can be initiating)
• Hush Feature-Temporarily silences nuisance alarms for approximately 9 minutes and will not allow hush mode unless the unit is in alarm mode.
• Peak Level Memory-Announces “CARBON MONOXIDE PREVIOUSLY DETECTED” if alarm has detected CO level of 100ppm or higher since it was last reset.
• Ionization Sensing Technology-Ideal for detecting fast flaming and other types of fires.
• Green LED-Illuminates to indicate the unit is receiving AC power. Flashes once every 60 seconds to indicate battery only mode. Flashes once per second during alarm to indicate initiating alarm. Flashes once every 16 seconds to indicate smoke or CO previously detected. Flashes every 2 seconds while the alarm is in HUSH mode.
• Red LED-When a dangerous level of smoke or carbon monoxide is detected the red LED will flash. If the unit malfunctions, the red LED will flash and the unit will chrip every 30 seconds.
Also referred to as a Smoke Detector.
|Audio Alarm:||85dB at 10ft|
|Humidity Range:||10%-95% relative humidity, non-condensing.|
|Interconnects:||Up to 24 Kidde devices (of which 18 can be initiating)|
|Power Source:||120VAC, 60Hz 45mA max per alarm Sealed 3V Lithium battery backup|
|Size (in):||5.5” in diameter x 1.75” depth|
|Temperature Range (F):||40˚F (4.4˚C) to 100˚F (37.8˚C)|
|Warranty:||10 Year Limited|
|Weight:||0.44 lbs (0.2kg)|
|Wiring:||Quick connect plug with 6" pigtails|