Posted On: Nov 12, '19
Did you know that Shovelling Snow is one of the most common causes for injury, or even death, during the Winter? The work raises blood pressure more than other forms of exercise, paired with cold air can cause arteries to constrict, which decreased blood flow. These combined make the perfect storm for heart attacks. Being out in the cold and moving heavy loads snow off frozen ground also leads to slipping hazards!
Here are some tips for shovelling safely:
• Shovel right away. Don’t wait for snow to pile up and get heavier, keep your driveway or sidewalks clear when the snow is still light if possible.
• Stretch and warm up before heading outside. Particularly your shoulders, back, and thighs.
• Over the age of 55? Don’t shovel alone OR in the morning (avoid it altogether if possible). The AM has been proven to be the most likely time for a heart attack to strike, and age puts you at a higher risk. Consider professional snow removal services, or investing in a Snow Blower.
• Avoid twisting and throwing the snow out of the way, instead push it around with an ergonomically shaped shovel. Like the Garant Poly Blade Snow Pusher. Have a snow blower? Stay safe by keeping away from hazards and protecting your hearing with Ear Muffs, like these from Silverline.
• Proper footwear is key to avoiding painful slips and falls. Wear boots with Winter level grip, or add a pair of Ice Cleats to turn any shoe into slip safe boots.
• Dress for the weather. Wearing Cold Weather Gloves and dressing warmly will allow you to take your time and not rush through the chore. Being comfortable and protecting yourself from the cold are essential to shovelling safely. Looking for some extra heat? Try a Milwaukee Heated Jacket, they’re battery powered with strategically placed heating zones to keep your core from feeling the chill.
• If you’re starting to feel tired or dizzy, take a break! Hydrate, warm up, and only return once you have your breath back. Shovel lighter and smaller loads of snow at a time, even if it will take longer.
With these simple tips in mind your necessary shovelling chores can be done comfortably and safely! Leaving you more time to enjoy the beauty of Winter instead of suffering from it.
Posted On: Nov 8, '19
With a recent press release detailing the effects deteriorating plumbing infrastructure is having on tap water throughout Canada, ensuring your water is safe to drink is paramount in protecting from any long term effects. Even though Lead Pipes were banned in 1975, and estimated 500,000 Canadian homes still have them, causing lead in
Its always important to know what is in your water and what your filter is actually getting rid of.
Rainfresh Instapure Faucet Filter System - F5C
Attaches easily to your kitchen faucet in minutes without any tools. Reduces Lead, Cyst, chlorine and improves taste & odour.
Rainfresh Undersink Drinking Water System - UCS2
A full under sink system that reduces lindane and cysts, along with chlorine, taste and odour. When paired with the LR1 Lead Chemical Reduction Filter Cartridge, it becomes highly effective (> 99%) in removing Lead VOC and other chemicals.
If you have a water dispenser in your Refrigerator the right filter makes all the difference.
Having a Filtration system in place for all your drinking water sources is the best way to protect from any contaminants, as well as improve general taste! Find our Filtering Flyer here for deals that will help get you started.
Posted On: Oct 22, '19
When it comes to your smoke detectors, keeping them in good working condition is a necessity that’s often overlooked.
According to Fiprecan.ca, Smoke Alarms/Detectors should be tested Monthly and cleaned every 6 months.
How to Test your Alarm:
• Most alarms will come with a specific ‘ Test ‘ button. Follow the user manual for your particular alarm.
• Use an Alarm Tester such as The Smoke SABRE to produce synthetic smoke that will set off the alarm.
• Battery operated Alarms (excluding sealed battery alarms) should have their batteries changed every year, even if their Low Battery Alarm has not yet sounded.
• For Hardwired alarms, be sure to test them after a power outage or any electrical work to ensure their connection is still strong.
To clean your alarm simply open the cover and vacuum the interior, or dust carefully. Be aware that in some models the alarm may sound while doing so.
If you’re in the process of building or looking to add some alarms to your home or business, here are some tips for finding the best place for them:
• The best locations are ceiling mounted in or near the centre of a room, hall or stairway, and at the head of each stairway.
• They should be at least 2’ (60cm) away from any corner.
• Should never be recessed in walls or ceilings OR painted.
• Kept away from outside doors or windows as well as at least 2-3’(60-90cm) away from light fixtures.
• For Hardwired alarms, contact a qualified electrical contractor and never install the alarm in the electrical circuit - especially if connected to an on/off switch.
If your Smoke Detector/Alarm isn't passing the test, replacing it immediately is the best way to handle it. Check out our selection of Smoke Alarms - ranging from 10 Year Worry Free Batteries to Hardwired.
Posted On: Oct 15, '19
Having a plan in case of a fire is an important part of running a business. Not only to protect your employees and customers, but your investments as well!
FLB291 - The Safety Media Fire Log Book is a nationally accepted log book with over 100 pages of forms to record your fire protection maintenance duties. Keeping a keen eye on your safety equipment is the first step towards ensuring if the worst happens - you’ll be prepared. It includes Step-by-step procedures detail the inspections and tests for:
Emergency Power Systems
Portable Fire Extinguishers
Special Extinguishing Systems
Standpipe & Hose Systems
Water Supplies for Fire Fighting & Fire Pumps
Keep necessary information like Building info, extra keys, and a detailed Fire Escape Map in a AA65 - Fire Safety Plan Box. This gives Firefighters the information they need to accurately and quickly assess the situation.
Depending on your location and building, a Fire Lock Box can be a great aid for the Fire Department as well. Fires can happen at any time, whether you’re there to open the door or not, so keeping emergency spares in a lock box only the Fire Department can access your building quickly and with minimal damage (in the case of a false alarm.)
You can find more information on how to prepare a Fire Plan from Natural Resources Canada..
Posted On: Oct 1, '19
All this month AMRE is focused on safety and being prepared for anything. This month you’ll find great deals on everything you need to keep your business and home safe.
Your Smoke and Carbon Monoxide detectors are always working hard, but how often do you check them? Are they positioned in the right place? Do you know the difference between photoelectric and ionization?
AMRE Spec Sense is here to give you the rundown on everything you need to know about these necessary devices that keep you safe.
If they need replacing, we've got you covered with our Repair and Replace Series!
Need a new round of batteries for your home detectors? This month’s Vendor of the Month, Energizer, can help!
If you’re looking to do away with batteries, take a look at Kidde’s selection of 10-Year-Worry-Free Alarms or Hardwired alarms.
Posted On: Sep 24, '19
Nothing says cozy like a warm blanket, a cup of hot chocolate, and a heater warming the room. With memories of the Polar Vortex still fresh in many of our minds, the latter is going to be an important integration to your home.
Having a portable electric heater pointed directly at your feet may feel like the best way to go, but is that really making the most efficient use of it? With the right placement and attention paid, your little electric heater can go a long way in keeping your home at the perfect level of toasty.
• Control with Doors - You’ll feel the effects of a portable heater best when the heat can be confined and controlled. Putting it at the bottom of a staircase, for example, will only allow the heat to escape upwards instead of circulating around the room, whereas placing it in the corner of your home office will make your nights more comfortable. Even more so with the addition of a closed door or gentle ceiling fan (just remember to have it spin clockwise at a low speed to push the warm air down).
• Create a Buffer - You wouldn’t put an open flame right up against a wall or within reach of curtains, so it only makes sense to avoid doing the same with your electric heater. Keeping a foot or two away from walls, curtains, blankets, and other potentially flammable materials is the best way to ensure you have the best possible positioning while keeping your home safe.
• Out of Reach - Heaters can, as expected, become very hot when used for longer periods of time and with kids or pets in the house looking for warm they can become a burn hazard. Letting your kids know they aren’t to touch and keeping away from pets is your best bet to a safe and cozy environment.
• Remember; Less is More - As handy as they are, portable electric heaters can easily run up your electric bill if not monitored carefully. Choosing a heater with a timer or using an outlet timer can help control how long your heater stays on and ensure that you aren’t using more than you need. Efficiency is key!
Find the perfect heater for your home with AMRE's selection of heaters!
Posted On: Sep 17, '19
From thermostats to air conditioners, our Smartphones are making our homes easier to monitor and more efficient to manage. Saving energy and heating bills - but what about your Water?
Introducing Moen Flo! The first Water Security System that monitors your home plumbing and alerts you to high pressure, leaks, and - as we get into the colder months - can stop a frozen pipe before it bursts. All with a notification straight to your phone.
Flo runs daily Health Tests on your plumbing network to ensure that its running efficiently and within your set Water Consumption Goals. If a leak is detected anywhere in your home, Flo will send you a real-time alert so you can find the leak asap. Don’t know how to fix it? Moen’s Solutions Team is on standby to help you find it, and figure it out.
Get even more peace of mind with a deductible reimbursement guarantee, extended product warranty, enhanced water usage data, proactive monitoring and more - with Moen Flo.
Available for Special Order now!
Visit MeetFlo.com for more information and video.
Posted On: Sep 10, '19
Leaves are changing, temperatures are dropping, and its time for the rakes to come out. Winter could be months away or just weeks - but there’s still time to prepare for it.
Every knows to rake the leaves up off their lawns, but what about the rest of your garden and yard? Here are some tips to ensure you’re as prepared as you can be for the Winter months.
• First thing’s first, rake up some leaves! While having a few out and about can be great for your lawn, leaving too many results in a heavy mat that can smother the grass below. Use a wide rake, like R000226, and either bag or compost the excess leaves. (after jumping in them of course).
• Put the bag back on your lawn mower. Autumn is prime time for weeds to start releasing their seeds, especially dandelions. Cutting without catching can help them spread easier and leave your spring covered in weeds.
• Trim down the grass surrounding the base of your trees - especially fruit trees! This is where fungal infections can really thrive and dig into your trees. Try the 2725-21HD Milwaukee Cordless Trim Trimmer, complete with battery and charger.
• Evergreens younger than 3 should be wrapped with burlap as the ground begins to freeze to protect them from Winter Burn. Leave them wrapped until the ground thaws and their roots can safely transport water to the branches.
• Trim your trees, shrubs, and hedges in preparation - but don’t forget to clean your equipment afterwards! Autumn diseases, like mildew, can be notorious for getting onto your pruners and spreading. White Vinegar or mild bleach can disinfect your tools easily.
With all those done, you’re ready to take on Winter and enjoy your Spring garden all the more.
Posted On: Sep 3, '19
Cold and Flu season is coming up quick, and with kids heading back to school its prime time for germs to spread. Do you have the proper cleaning equipment to help fight back?
Office and School
DB52880 - 4 Litres of disinfecting power in Dustbane’s Oxy-Q Foaming formula. Dilute according to your area of application and knock out the Cold and Flu.
DB72000 - The Dustbane Professional Cordless Handheld sprayer allows you to reach every nook and cranny germ could be hiding. Pair it with Oxy-Q, or your favourite trusted brand.
C9STN + C9WALLW - A quick a simple solution with DIN Disinfecting Wipes. Perfect for wiping down your computer equipment, phones, desks, or other equipment where germs thrive.
WE96200 - Certainty Surface Sanitizing Wipes! Easy and convenient, clearing your surfaces from hitch-hiking viruses is a breeze.
56200TP - From Laptops to Smartphones, there’s a lot of ground to cover when it comes to sanitizing. TouchPoint wipes are alcohol free but easily clean dirt, germs, and finger prints from your favourite devices.
3345-06 - New from Purell, Professional Grade Multi-Surface Sanitizer! The hand-sanitizer brand you already know and trust now comes in a spray to tackle your hard surfaces and stop viruses in their tracks.
In the end, being prepared and actively stopping the spread of germs will get you and your family through the season - but in the event that you are caught by the Cold or Flu, just remember to stay home, rest up, and keep clean.
Posted On: Aug 20, '19
Since the dawn of alternative laundry solutions, there’s been a constant question of which works best - with everyone seeming to have a different opinion. Whether you go by convenience, power, or fragrance - there’s highs and lows across all three staples.
Cheapest cost per load
Work particularly well in removing outdoor stains like mud, dirt, or grass.
Long shelf life
Larger, heavier boxes
May not dissolve all the way in cold water
Can leave residue
Must be kept dry to avoid caking
Lightweight and portable
Convenient and easy to use
Pre-measured detergent, so no over use
Packaging eliminates water additives, so it stays stable for longer
More expensive per load
Designed for average soil and load - heavy soil requires 2 pods
Cannot be downsized for small loads
Dangerous choking hazards
Most effective on oil and grease stains
Less expensive than pods (when measured effectively)
Can be used as a pre-treater or spot cleaner
Using too much can result in residue
Detergent Bottles leave a great strain on landfills
Heavy to transport and carry
Mixed with water, which limits cleaning power stability
Armed with the Pros and Cons of each - which are you going to go with for your next load?
Posted On: Aug 13, '19
When you hear Air Filtration, you may think of just cleaner air - but do you know the work that’s truly going in?
When you have an Air Filter for your furnace, not only is it keeping your air cleaner, but its also keeping your HVAC systems healthy by preventing lint and debris from plugging the heating or cooling coils. Where even a particle as small as 0.1 microns could cause a short circuit on a microchip!
Sourcing the National Air Filtration Association, here are some other great benefits to a proper air filtration system:
• Protecting the general well-being of the occupants of a space
• Protecting the decor of occupied spaces by removing the staining portion of airborne dust
• Reducing maintenance of building interiors by reducing the frequency of washing such items as Venetian blinds and fluorescent bulbs
• Protecting the contents of occupied spaces including paintings, tapestries, and other items of historic or cultural value
• Elimination of fire hazards by removing lint and other materials which might accumulate in ductwork
• Extension of shelf life of perishable dairy products by removing airborne mould during processing operations
• Removing airborne bacteria from operating room air to help prevent postoperative infection
Ready to look into your Air Filtration and ensure its working its hardest? Take a look through AMRE’s Air Filters, Cleaners, and Purifiers Category or come visit us in store!
Posted On: Aug 6, '19
The Second Round of Amre's Summer BBQs are back to end off the season! See below for when your local branch will be hosting lunch!
Don't forget to enter our draws, talk to our vendors, and remember the store front is still open! Even with some door-crashing good deals.
South Edmonton, AB
Downtown Edmonton, AB
Posted On: Jul 16, '19
Spills happen, whether they’re just a mess or dangerous depends on the chemicals - but with the proper Spill Kit any spill can be wrangled like an OSHA pro.
The make up of a spill kit can range from simple to heavy duty, but every kit should have a variety of the following:
Absorbents (like mats, socks, and loose products)
Containment dikes and drain covers.
Patch and repair tools (such as non-sparking wrenches, fast setting epoxy putties, plugs, and/or wraps).
PPE (personal protective equipment).
Tools (wrenches, hammers, dustpans, scoops, and shovels)
Bags and containers to collect and hold used materials.
Using this, you can make your own spill kit!
AMREPAIL - 28L Pail to hold your supplies
7550G - Absorbent Sock
M-N8780 - Disposable towels
208-L - heavy weight rubber gloves
Emergency Repair Tape
4312 - Dust pan
288500WHT - Utility scoop
GG3550XSB - extra strong garbage bags
Or, for a quick and simple already complete Spill Kit, See 7510G Globe Emergency Response Spill Kit! Complete with everything you need to properly and safely contain a spill.
Remember to check your spill kit and refresh the items inside after every use. Kits should be tailored to suit whichever chemical poses the most threat of spilling in the area!
Posted On: Jul 9, '19
When Fido’s got to go, its not only on the dog owner to be prepared, but the park as well! Mistakes happen and not everyone has a baggie on hand - that’s where DogiPot comes in.
Provide park goers with convenient all-in-one Pet Stations to not only keep up with their duty to clean up after their pets - but to offer a proven reminder system to easily encourage owners to pick up after their dogs! Friendly signage, pickup and liner bags, along with attractive Pet Stations to house it all.
DogiPot Junior Bag Dispensers - Clean edges and easy to extract bags make this a functional addition to any post, but it's printed on signage that proves to be an educational reminder to all dog owners. With a 400 bag capacity and bottom locking access panel, it makes maintenance quick, secure, and easy.
DogiPot Litter Pickup Bags - Holding 200 bags per case these litter bags are the perfect combination of strength and environmentally-friendly materials. They’re the right size for pickups, not too large and not too small. Add in their Oxo-Biodegradable material and they’re the perfect refill for DogiPot Dispensers.
With a combination of easy to install replacement bags and attractive pole mounted stations, DogiPot has you - and your spaces - covered when it comes to encouraging responsible dog ownership.
Posted On: Jun 11, '19
With the heat of Summer comes the threat of Forest Fires. The Western regions of Canada go through a yearly danger zone of smoke that affects everyone, but in particular those with respiratory conditions, cardiovascular disease, and children.
The use of an Air Purifier may seem small, but finding the right one with a true HEPA filter can filter out the smoke particles and make your home a safe place to breath. These particles can be incredibly small, in between 0.4 and 0.7 microns which allow them to get themselves deep into your lungs. This also makes Dust Masks unreliable. A HEPA Air Purifier paired with a few small changes to your home is the best bet for keeping your air as breathable as possible.
Get an Air Filter with a true HEPA filter (removing down to 0.3 microns) with an appropriate area of effectiveness for your home or room. Here are some examples of Air Purifiers with varying size ranges:
05-A-1KWP-06-K - 50 sq. Feet
03-A-3KWP-00 - Up to 300 sq. feet.
05-A-1KWP-06 - Up to 1300 sq. feet.
Avoid Ozone or Ionic air purifiers, while they help with general air purification they will not remove the finer Smoke particles.
If you have an Air Conditioner, close off the fresh-air intake to prevent it from bringing in more smoke.
If you must go outside and want a mask to protect yourself in heavy smoke areas, find one that is NIOSH certified and marked N95, N100 or P100. AMRE carries several options of masks, from disposable to reusable silicone with cartridges.
For a look at the current Smoke Forecast and areas that will be affected, you can view a live feed at Firesmoke.Ca. Remember always follow your Provincial Fire Bans, and never leave a flame unsupervised.
Posted On: Jun 4, '19
Adventure Awaits! Incoming hot weather is bringing Summer early and getting into the great outdoors is a true Canadian passion. However, with every exciting outdoor activity comes that little bit of dread: Bug Bites.
A bit of bug spray can help save your outing - but what type works best? Of course there are pump bottles or aerosols, but did you know there are two main contenders for ingredients?
DEET or Picaridin (or KBR 3023, Bayrepel, or icaridin) are the two big players when it comes to protection from not only Mosquitoes, but ticks, black flies, sand flies, no-see-ums, midges and other biting insects!
Lets break down their positive points for each:
DEET - Bug sprays containing DEET have been the most popular option since the 1940’s after being developed for the U.S. Army. Its a synthetic chemical that, depending on its concentration, can provide protection for up to 8 hours (with slow release formulas and 20% or higher concentrations). When properly applied it has no adverse health affects, and has been proven to be the best repellent against Tick bites.
Picaridin - Developed in the 1980s, used in Australia/Europe since 1998 - Picaridin repellents only really broke ground in North America in 2005. It was developed using extract from Piper genus plants (the same plant genus that produces tasty table pepper). It is just as effective against Mosquitoes as DEET and even more so against No-see-ums. Its odourless, non-greasy, and won’t damage synthetic materials or plastics!
And the negatives:
DEET - A greasy feeling on your skin and unpleasant to many smell take points down from the reigning champion of bug sprays. It also has the ability to damage certain synthetic materials (like spandex or vinyl) along with plastics.
Picaridin - Being a newer product in the world, the long-term health affects have yet to be properly studied (if they even exist). They’re also only just growing in popularity, so finding an easily available option in the application type you want may be more difficult.
At the end of the day, whichever type of repellent you use is important to protect yourself from biting insects and potential dangers they carry with them. Check out Insect Repellents from our Vendor of the Month, Doktor Doom today and enjoy your time outdoors - bite free.
Posted On: May 28, '19
Amre Supply carries a variety of hoses to help you upkeep your garden, but how do you choose the right one? Here’s a quick guide to help you decide!
Hoses with this title, like the Swan H-SS5850 hose, are lead-free and crush-proof. They’re lightweight and easy to move around - perfect for filling watering cans, light watering, and sprinklers. Their crush-proof build allow them to stand up to other equipment, so there’s no worry about running over it with a wheelbarrow.
For something with a bit more ‘oomph’ try a Heavy Duty hose like Holland GreenHouse HH58050. It has a 400psi burst rating with brass couplings, making it tough enough to stand up to your hardest jobs. These types of hoses can put up with a lot more use and abuse than lightweight hoses, and feature anti-kinking collars at the faucet. For even more strength, see Holland Greenhouse’s HC34050 - its a step up with a Contractor Grade level.
Hoses like the Swan H-ELSP38050 are perfect for your large garden or hard to reach plantlife! Soaker’s are flexible, use little water, and are lightweight enough to avoid squashing any plants. While they may expand a little, most of their water will be released through small holes along the hose. They let out just enough to water your garden when turned on, and can either be stored away after each use or left out for your convenience! Just remember to cover them with a light layer of mulch to avoid sun damage and bring them in before the fall. Excessive wear or damage to the soaker hose could expand the small holes and release more water than what is needed over time.
After you’ve chosen the right hose, all that’s left are the accessories! Find Spray Nozzles to suit your needs - from single spray pistols to up to 7-pattern exchangers. A great Sprinkler is perfect for getting full coverage of your lawn and larger gardens. And finally, you need a place to keep your equipment up and out of the way. Amre carries Hose Storage options such as metal hangers, wall mounted reels, and reeling carts.
For all your other yardwork needs, check out the Seasonal Section of our Website and in Stores!
Posted On: May 14, '19
BBQs are back!
See below for the first round of Customer Appreciation BBQs and join us for hot dogs and hamburgers, all while meeting representatives from your favourite brands!
Here are some tips for our Customer Appreciation BBQs:
- Check out the welcome table for giveaways as well as our current Catalogues and flyers.
- Join the lineup and snag a burger or hot dog! Condiments and accoutrement won’t be far behind, along with drinks and a place to sit.
- Finished your lunch? Venture around and visit our Vendors! Representatives from some of our largest brands will be present to answer questions and provide some insider tips regarding their products.
- Looking for more? Find Doorbuster deals only available on BBQ days!
Upcoming BBQ Dates:
Edmonton AB (Downtown), Mississauga ON
Scarborough ON, Windsor ON
London ON with Franke / Kindred
Surrey BC with Franke / Kindred & Dyson
Edmonton AB (South) with American Standard & Delta
Posted On: May 7, '19
Now that the snow is gone and the full of Spring is on the horizon, preparing your yard is the perfect weekend project to ensure your Summer backyard BBQs are at their best!
Your lawn is the quickest and easiest way to brighten up your yard, and taking the proper steps to help in its growth is necessary for a full carpet of green!
To start, clearing off all the dead grass, thatch and other debris from your lawn is the best way to get things rolling. Using a Wide Rake will allow you to remove the thatch without damaging the grass below. While this was essential for insulating the grass for the winter, keeping it around throughout the spring can hinder growth and keep fertilizers from reaching the grass roots. This debris makes a great addition to a starting compost as well!
Next comes fertilizer; helping your grass to grow, pre-emergent; for stopping the growth of crabgrass, and a broad-leaf weed killer; to keep dandelions at bay. Fertilizer is best applied using a Spreader to ensure even coverage while a Weed Sprayer is the better option for controlled herbicide application. Hold off on any spot seeding until the end of the season, especially after applying a pre-emergent as the seeds won’t be able to germinate with it in the soil.
After you’ve fertilized - its time to break out the lawn mower! Mowing every 5 days during the first 6 weeks of spring is essential for allowing the roots to take a strong hold in the soil. The stronger the roots, the more luscious the grass!
After the grass is taken care of, its time for the rest. Check your trees and shrubs for damaged or dead branches, use Strong Pruners to remove old growth from perennials, and replace your mulch. (Using a hardwood bark mulch over than ground wood chips, they'll last longer!).
After a good cleaning of your backyard furniture you can stand back and be proud of your beautiful budding yard! For more seasonal necessities see our Seasonal Section! With Hoses, gardening gloves, hoes, shovels, rakes and storage - we can help you prepare for the Summer.
Posted On: Apr 23, '19
Dropping by AMRE for your next service call? Don’t just grab the parts you need! Stock up on the essentials and don’t get left with an empty roll or dirty hands.
From Toilet Tissue to Gloves, AMRE has the accessories to keep you well stocked and supplied for any situation.
Keep your washroom stocked with White Swan 2 Ply Toilet Tissue 10325 - a bulk roll of 36 per case! Grab paper towels in a big pack as well for coverage wherever you need it - White Swan Professional perforated Towel Rolls 01702 are the strength you need when you need it. And for even tougher jobs - check out our extensive selection of Janitorial Supplies! Everything from scrubbers to rags to mops to keep your business running smoothly, on and off the work site!
Don’t get dirty trying to keep clean either - some jobs bring on the grime but you can prevent it with Latex & Vinyl gloves or Rubber & Nitrile gloves for those extra tough jobs. With extra tough 360 coverage and boxes of up to 100, you can keep clean and professional throughout the day.
Talk to an AMRE rep today to discover what we can do for you on the job and off.
Posted On: Apr 2, '19
With the snow finally melting its the perfect time to refresh your home or business! Get ready for the warm weather with our full range of cleaning supplies, from scrubbers to vacuums - Amre has what you need.
Start from the outside in! Look at your door and welcome mats. They’re going to be taking the brunt of Spring’s muddy wet footprints and will be the first introduction to your space! Watch our Clean Care video on floor mats here and see how you can get the most out of your entryway.
Let in the light! Simply cleaning your windows from the Winter grime can let in nearly twice as much light as you would think! Go pro with the AGF Solstice Window Cleaning Starting Kit or keep it simple with a Topsic Telescopic Window Cleaning Kit! The key is to use both a scrubber and a squeegee to get rid of the gunk and wipe it away - streak free.
One of the biggest changes you can make to your home or business is the state of flooring! While this is usually a daily duty, putting in some extra Spring elbow grease will keep them looking great for the rest of the year! For the hardwood floors in your home there’s Bona’s Hardwood Floor Spray Mop Kit featuring their Professional formula in a handy cleaning cartridge. Switch it out for the Hard Surface Cleaner and take care of your Lino and Tile too! For larger areas and store fronts, did you know AMRE carries a great variety of floor machines? From the Betco MotoMop to the Bissell Commercial Grade Carpet Shampooer and Extractor, you can cover all your surfaces in record timing.
Lastly, don’t forget to clean your cleaners! All that hard work builds up the very dust and dirt they’ve been eliminating. Simple Rags and Wipes are perfect for quickly wiping down Vacuums and Autoscrubbers, inspecting the rotator bars for fibres or jammed debris is a great way to improve the life of your machine as well. Clean and change out any filters, as well as wash out any canisters or buckets.
For your Dishwashers, Washers, and more - Find the Appliance Cleaner that fits your needs! Despite running soap and cleaner daily, these appliances are the easiest to miss and the quickest to go if not cared for properly.
Posted On: Mar 26, '19
It's likely that you’ve never looked at your home’s Ducts and wondered if they were properly insulated, but with temperature extremes and fluctuating humidity ranges - having an insulated duct system is incredibly important. Without the proper insulation, temperature changes can cause condensation on the outside of the duct which in turn can cause water drips to cause damage to your home!
Finding the correct ‘R value’ or thickness of insulation for your ducts dependant on their location is the best way to prevent this type of damage. In ‘Conditioned Spaces’, a minimum of R6 insulation is recommended. These spaces are inside the home’s walls, floors, and ceilings.
‘Unconditioned Spaces’ require a recommended minimum of R8 insulation. These are locations such as the garage, exterior walls, or attics. These are more susceptible to extreme temperature changes given that they are not within a typically heated or cooled location.
See our Flexible Insulated Duct Sleeves Category to find the right insulation for your ducting, and protect your home from the inside out!
Posted On: Mar 19, '19
Did you know that Fire Extinguishers aren’t forever? It may come as a shock, but even these powerhouse products require a changeup every now and again to ensure they're always ready for action.
According to National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) standards, rechargeable fire extinguishers such as the Kidde 21008347 Badger Advanced Extinguisher must be recharged every 6 years, while disposable fire extinguishers such as the Kidde 466294 Kitchen/Garage Extinguisher must be replaced every 12 years.
But what’s the difference?
A rechargeable fire extinguisher features a metal head as well as a gauge that reads “Charge / Recharge”. It's essential to check your fire extinguisher’s gauge on a monthly basis in order to ensure it is still charged. If the needle falls into the ‘Recharge’ side - get it recharged immediately.
On the other side, a disposable fire extinguisher features a plastic head and a gauge that displays “Full” or “Empty”. As with the rechargeables, checking your fire extinguisher’s gauge monthly is imperative to ensuring its full functionality in the event of an emergency. As soon as the fire extinguisher shows ‘Empty’, it should be replaced immediately.
You can also refer to your user manual for full instructions on when and where to change your fire extinguisher.
Posted On: Mar 12, '19
Water leaks happen when we least expect it, and often when we aren’t around to notice right away. Water can creep into cracks, carpet, and valuables to cause expensive or even irreplaceable damage. With a water alarm however, you can stop the leak before the damage!
Whether by simple stand up alarms like FBP-01D that lets out an alarm when water contacts it, or go high tech with a sensor that communicates through Wi-Fi! Either option give you the time and warning you need to find and stop the leak at its source.
Set and forget! Just leave your water alarm on a flat surface near the leaking hazard or mount on the wall with a sensor cable and let them do the work. Water Alarms are ever vigilant, and will alert you within minutes of water contact and giving you enough time to react.
Posted On: Mar 5, '19
Have you made the switch over to LED lighting yet? If you need convincing, here are some of the top reasons why in your home or business LED are the way to go!
1. Eco Friendly! Not only are LED light bulbs 100% recyclable, they last on average 35 times longer than a standard halogen bulb. So you aren’t putting three times the amount of bulbs in your local landfill to get three times the length of light!
2. Enormously Efficient! LEDs have a 80-90% efficiency rating which means that, unlike incandescent bulbs, only about 20% of their energy is lost to heat. So in turn, they use less energy to make more light! Saving you cash through your electricity bills AND gaining you cash through Government Rebates.
3. Stylish in any Colour! LEDs aren’t just your classic white bulbs, with different technology increasing by the day - there’s an LED bulb for any lamp. Whether you’re looking for cool light, warm light, or even antique lighting; LEDs have you well lit.
4. Immediate Light Wherever! LEDs aren’t just an eco-friendly pretty face, they’re tougher and more robust than other light bulbs as well! Their sturdy recycled materials stand up to shocks and vibrations, and with no filament there’s no worry of it breaking!
Which also means they’re immediate to light up and won’t be damaged by flicking on and off. Did we mention they also work in harsh weather conditions, like Canadian winters? Whether the freezer is outside or walk-in, LEDs are reliable even in the negatives.
There’s no better time to make the full switch to LED and start saving today! Get a jump on changeouts with this Month’s Vendor of the Month, Standard Lighting! Featuring our 4-Pack LEDs